How Can I Make A Gift To Support Mason?

Gifts to Mason can be made in a variety of ways. You can make a gift or establish a recurring pledge online via credit card. You can also mail a check, made payable to George Mason University Foundation, Inc., to 4400 University Drive, MS 1A3, Fairfax, VA 22030. To make any type of planned gift, or for any other questions, please contact the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations at 703-993-8850 or development@gmu.edu.

EIN number: 54-1603842 

What Is The George Mason University Foundation, Inc.?

The George Mason University Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization established in 1966 to receive, manage, invest, and administer private gifts, including endowment and real property, made in support of George Mason University.

Can I Make A Gift To Any Activity At George Mason University?

You may choose to support initiatives for students, faculty research and teaching, libraries, and facilities—across all schools, colleges, and campuses at Mason. Making a gift to the Mason Excellence Fund allows you to support the university’s general unrestricted fund, often providing resources where need is greatest. You will find a variety of options listed on our online giving form. If you would like to make a gift to a fund or area not already designated in the form, please do so by clicking “other” and completing the relevant information.

Is There A Minimum Gift Amount That I Must Make?

Gifts of any and all amounts go a long way to support the efforts of our students and faculty as well as the continued care and maintenance of our campuses and facilities. We encourage you to give what you can, whenever you can. Please note that there is a $5.00 minimum for gifts made online.

Can I Make A Gift In Memory Or Honor Of Someone Who Has Made An Impact On My Life?

Charitable gifts are a thoughtful and meaningful way to honor those you love. Your gift can be designated in honor or in memory of someone special. You may also wish to make a gift in celebration of a special occasion or to commemorate a special event. Please complete the information on our online giving form and we will notify the intended honoree of your generosity. Sending your gift through USPS? Please include relevant gift information and the name and mailing address of the person who should be notified of your gift and we will do the rest.

Can The George Mason University Foundation, Inc. Accept Gifts Of Stocks Or Publicly Traded Securities?

Yes. Gifts of publicly traded securities will be based on the full fair market value of the securities, and will be valued, recorded, receipted and acknowledged according to IRS (Internal Revenue Service) regulations. For wire transfer instructions, or if you have additional questions about making a gift of publicly traded securities, please call Beth Cantrell at 703-993-5414 or email ecantrel@gmuf.org.

Can I Contribute Real Estate Or Other Gifts Of Tangible Personal Property (Gifts-In-Kind) In Support Of George Mason University?

Gifts of real estate and tangible personal property may be accepted at the discretion of the George Mason University Foundation, Inc. and in accordance with IRS regulations. For more information regarding gifts of real estate or tangible personal property, please contact us at 703-993-8850 or development@gmu.edu.

Will A Matching Gift From My Employer Count Toward Donor Recognition?

Companies set their own matching gift policies and may match charitable contributions at a variety of ratios. Donors whose generosity is enhanced by a matching gift will receive recognition credit for the matching gift. For example, if your employer matches charitable contributions at a 2:1 ratio, and you make a $100 gift, your total recognition credit would be $300.

I Am Not Sure If My Employer Matches Charitable Contributions. How Can I Find Out If My Company Will Match My Gift?

Many corporations generously match charitable contributions made by current or retired employees and board members. You may use an online matching gift database to determine if you are affiliated with a matching gift company. You can also simply inquire with your human resources or employee benefits office.

How do I speak with a member of Advancement staff about my giving options, the impact of my gift, involvement opportunities, etc.?

We have engagement officers who are ready to assist you, whether you would like information about how to give or whether you would like to learn about engagement opportunities across the university. Email annfund@gmu.edu to start a conversation with an engagement officer. Or, read more here.

Can’t Find the Answer You Need?

Please contact University Advancement and Alumni Relations at 703-993-8850 or development@gmu.edu.