Winning seems to come naturally for students at Mason’s School of Business. For the third time in four years, Mason in April clinched the win at the NAIOP Capital Challenge, an annual business case competition sponsored by the DC/MD Chapter of the NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association. A team of Mason graduate students again bested their counterparts from the region’s other leading business schools, including Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, American, and the University of Maryland.
Perhaps we shouldn’t brag too much. All the same—from winning regional competitions like this to our track record of producing young entrepreneurs and problem-solvers—there’s plenty of evidence that the School of Business continues to boast promising talent and produce some of the top business minds in the country.
How You Can Support the School of Business
The School of Business offers a range of bachelors, masters, and certificate programs to more than 4,000 students. There is always a need to support our outstanding faculty, staff, and students as they strive to move faster and farther. Our campaign is focused on the following funding priorities:
- Significantly Improving Career Services — We are striving to provide a more personalized career coaching experience to each and every business student, improving and developing professional development programming so that we can produce more career-ready graduates. >> Donate Now for this Priority >>
- Dramatically Increasing Need-Based Scholarships — Many business students are first-generation, and many are working more than 20 hours a week just to make ends meet. By providing more need-based scholarships, we aim to eliminate the necessity for late-night hours so that students can focus their energies on education instead of financial worries. >> Donate Now for this Priority >>
- Creating a Leaders of Tomorrow Initiative — In addition to offering need-based scholarships, we aim to attract high-performing high school students and prospective graduate students to attend Mason with merit-based scholarships and programs. >> Donate Now for this Priority >>
- Support for Faculty Fellowships — Great teachers produce top students. Funding to retain and recruit top-notch faculty so that we can raise the quality of the education delivered in the classroom is a top priority. >> Donate Now for this Priority >>
- Name a Center of Expertise — Having a named center of expertise establishes credibility and strengthens a school’s capacity to produce high-quality research. The School of Business boasts expertise in several key business areas, including real estate, innovation and entrepreneurship, fraud detection, and government contracting, to name a few. To discuss naming opportunities, please contact Eleanor Weis (703-993-2412 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
At Mason, we provide a strong education to future leaders of our region and our world. Through your generous support, our School of Business will continue to rise—and the thousands of men and women we educate will continue to learn and to grow.
Ready to join our winning team? There are many opportunities and ways to support the School of Business. If you have any questions on how you can help propel the School of Business to success, please contact Eleanor Weis, Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations, at 703-993-2412, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
May 13, 2016 / Chelsea McDow